July at The Country Quilter
Thanks to all the great volunteers who came to help with the quilt show, with many hands, the set up and the entire day went smoothly. We had almost 300 visitors to view 90 quilts. In spite of the iffy weather we made it until 2:00 p.m. before we had to take the quilts down. Another great display of the talent and the artistic ability of our quilters. Our artist in residence, Heather LeServe, had an impressive display of her wide range of talents in fibre art. Thanks to all!
First place viewers choice was “Topsy Turvy” by Grace and Wilma Whiting, second place was Michele LeBel’s “Prismatic Star”, third was “Orphan Block Quilt” by Grace and Wilma Whiting. Close runners up are listed on the bulletin board at the shop.
Finishing school continues during the summer on Tuesdays 10:00 to 2:00. Join your friends to stitch or knit together. July 6th and July 13th are open sewing days when you may come from 10:00 to 3:00 to work on your own projects with other quilters.
Jane is doing her Design your own Applique class July 12th and 19th from 10:30 to 1:30. You will pick up lots of tips in this class.
There will be two Touch Quilt Workshops, July 26th or 28th. Come and participate in making these much needed quilts. It is a fun day of sewing with other quilters.
July 27th, Grace wants all her “Wednesday What Ifs” back for a reunion. Bring your project, or work in progress to share ideas.
Wishing you a relaxing, productive summer.
Quilts in the Garden 2017!
June at The Country Quilter
The Outdoor Quilt Show is June 17th, 9:30 – 3:30.
- Heather LeServe is our artist in residence this year.
- The proceeds of the annual book sale will go to CANHAVE to give education to AIDS orphans in Uganda. Bring in your books and magazines the week before the show. Quilts for the show should also be dropped off that week.
- There is a lunch at St Paul’s Church next door from 11:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- Knife and scissor sharpening starts at 11:00 a.m. and is open until all are honed!
- Eric Simkins will be on site to clean some machines; you must sign up for this service, as numbers are limited. Call 838 5541 to have your machine on the list.